Wednesday, August 29, 2012

48 Hour to Galway!

Less than 48 hours until we finally reach land!

I cannot even begin to express how much I despise being on a ship after
these past 5 days....at least the MV Explorer. Due to the fact it is a
smaller ship, it does not handle the rough waters as well as a much
larger cruise ship. Also, sitting at 53 Degrees North Latitude does not
make for for ideal weather conditions. The temperature has been
consistently in the 50s since we left the continental shelf. (For those
who don't understand what this means....being in the middle of the ocean
in the Northern Atlantic sucks!) At least this is supposed to be the
worst part of the voyage. After Europe we will head South towards the
equator and things will warm up quite a bit. At least we will be able to
lay out and tan the days we are at sea.

Friday morning at 8am...which will be around 2am back home.....we dock
in Galway where I will head out on my first field lab for my drawing
class. Around 4:30pm or 5pm that night I will be meeting up with the
girls after my field lab and we will explore Galway and all it has to
offer. I will have Free WIFI that night at the hotel so expect to see
pictures being uploaded to the blog and Facebook! Saturday morning we
will take a bus to Cork where we will also spend the day and explore the
city. After a night spent in Cork, we will board another bus to Dublin
where we will meet up with the ship and partake in the famous Pub Crawl
and explore more of what Dublin has to offer.

I am very excited that Ireland is our first port but more excited to see
land and spend an amazing time with 2 amazing, adventurous girls I met
on the ship, Jenna and Brit.

Everyone can keep in touch with me via my shipboard email account:
rebecca.lohagen.f12@semesteratsea.org. I love hearing from
everyone...especially on these boring days at sea!

No comments:

Post a Comment