Thursday, August 23, 2012

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Nova Scotia is beautiful. Flying over was incredible. You could not see a single area where there weren't hundreds of lakes covering the secluded countryside.

Driving from the airport into Halifax reminded me of home. Trees extended for miles and soon their Fall will begin and it will look just like Northern Wisconsin around here.

I arrived at the hotel around 6pm (which would be 4pm back home) where I met my roommates and was able to relax for a little. We then went out to take a 19th century brewery tour right down the street with a bunch of other SAS kids. (Pictures below) The tour in which we received was unique and I'm sure I will never see one like it again. Musical acts preceded by a historical overview made up part of it while the other was how the ale was brewed in the 1800s.

After the tour we proceeded to the hotel lounge and restaurant where we ate dinner and met up with more SAS kids. A gathering in our room followed and then we headed out on the town. The Dome was the meeting place for most of us. At the door I was asked for 3 different forms of ID because apparently I do not look anything like the girl in my driver's license or student ID. Took a bit to get us all in but it was worth it.

After a fun, but strange, night filled with new friends and good times, I am biting at the bit to get on that ship. I just hope all my new friends won't be too far away. Only 40 more minutes and my hotel roommate and I will be allowed to board!

I'm very excited for what lies ahead but nervous that my feet won't touch land for an entire week. Hopefully those sea sickness accupressure wristbands work!







No comments:

Post a Comment