Thursday, November 15, 2012

3 weeks until a Bittersweet Farewell

Crazy to believe we’re almost done with our trip. Only 2 ports left and a couple weeks at sea.

Exactly 3 weeks from tomorrow I will back in the states, and then a short week after I’ll be home.

The last couple days have been filled with writing papers, last minute extra credit assignments, and getting ready for finals.

AND I have finally been able to register for classes back home for next semester. Only classes on Mondays and Wednesdays! Whoo!

_____________________________________________________________________________________

With so little time left, I am beginning to think about my homecoming. While I am SOOO extremely excited to see my family and friends, it is going to be a bittersweet return. I have formed a small family on the ship and it will definitely be weird not seeing the girls every day. I can see that I have made lifelong friends with a few of them and am excited to see what life will bring us in the next couple months and years. So much has already changed since we started our voyage and the past couple months has taught us things about ourselves we were previously unaware of. We have grown and matured and while I don’t think I will do Semester at Sea again, it has had a lasting impact on my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment